So, to open your Etsy shop you need a shop name, but you can't think of one!
When I was starting, thinking of a shop name was one of those things that was holding me back. I kept thinking thoughts like…
- It has to be the perfect name
- I literally can’t think of anything that sounds good
- It needs to be something other people will love
Where to Start
Our brains will take as long as we give them to figure something out.
Any students or past students here who didn’t get that paper done until the day before it was due? This is the same idea.
So, go ahead and tell yourself something like “I’ll have some ideas written down and pick my final choice by Wednesday before I go to bed”… or something like that.
Tips & Tricks for Brainstorming
Ok, how do you think of a name if you’re stuck? Here’s some basic tips to keep in mind… It should:
- Be simple enough for people to remember the name
- Avoid words that are complicated or hard to spell
- Make you smile
First, open a new tab and go to Etsy
- Start searching for products in your niche or similar to what you might want to sell in your shop.
- Look through a few pages and take note of any shop names that you like.
- If you think of any ideas while you’re looking write those down too.
- Are there any words that just make you feel happy when you hear them?
- Do you have a favorite pet?
- What are your favorite things in your life?
- Do you have a favorite place to go or a location that’s special to you?
- What do you intend to sell in your shop?
- Any favorite puns related to your niche?
Ready to open your shop?
Chelsea lives in Rochester, NY with her husband and two fluffy cats. Her passion is helping other people start and grow their passive income businesses! She can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.